- This event has passed.
Level 2.5 Forum
February 3, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - March 24, 2021 @ 9:00 pm$200
Are you a certified Level 2 catechist who is feeling the need to refresh or renew your work?
This 8-week forum will revisit key themes of the Level 2 atrium experience. We’ll reflect, share insights, and update our basic knowledge. This is a great chance to review your album pages, refine your environment, improve your planning and records, consider online or hybrid work with CGS materials, tackle the challenges of equity for females, people of color, and children in the church, and deepen your own understanding in the company of other experienced Level 2 catechists.
Forum Logistics: The platform will be Zoom with up to 24 participants. 90-minute sessions plus open discussion for additional 30 minutes. Each participant will be asked to identify their personal goals for the forum, and session time will be designed to support those goals.
- The 6-9-year-old child: Imagination, communion, and moral development. Managing the overlap between level 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3. Interdenominational, cultural and anti-racist considerations, families and parishes are often “mixed” in many ways now. Can you welcome all?
- Prayer, art, music, materials and meditative work in the 6-9 environment.
- The Kindom of God in Sacred History timelines, cosmic education, and science
- Bible, Bible Study; including Land of Israel geography, prophecies and Infancy Narratives
- Moral Formation: maxims, 3-6 Kindom parables, moral parables, Maxims, (moral prophecies, moral implications of Infancy and Paschal Narratives, Reconciliation)
- Paschal Work: Jerusalem, GS w/ Wolf and Hireling, Origin of the Eucharist, Resurrection, MOF, Pentecost. Discussion of Jesus’ mission as related to his death and resurrection.
- Baptism and Eucharist in history: MOF, Origin of the Eucharist; in covenant: gestures Chalice, Epiclesis, Offering, Peace, Breaking of the Bread; unity: Breaking of the Bread, Lord’s Prayer, True Vine, Prayers of the Faithful, Rite (synthesis)
- Sacramental Preparation: Direct Aims and planning for Discernment, Meditations, and Retreat.
You must be a certified Level II Catechist to participate in this forum.
Dates: February 3, 10, 17, 24 and March 3, 10, 17, 24.
Location: This course will be held on Zoom
Course Facilitator: Catherine Maresca