Scripture Booklets For Young Children (Set One)
Scripture Booklets: Set One
After 30 years and feedback from the catechists who use these beloved texts, we have updated our scripture booklets to better suit the needs of the children of the atrium. In preparation for the first US CGS course at Christian Family Montessori School, our Scripture Booklets were translated into English, then edited by Sofia Cavalletti herself. In the updated version, Sofia's edits remain, but in the new Scripture Booklets we've included:
- all new calligraphy and illustrations by Joan Bennett, the original artist of the first edition
- a cover that is more resistant to the effects of children's hands
- updated edits based on changes by CGS, inclusive language, and ease of reading
- include a Spanish translation on the last page, prepared by Jodi-beth McCain.
- are a smaller size (5.5" x 6.5") to fit on the shelf and in the children's hands more comfortably
- have a simple drawing on each cover so the children can easily identify the text within
Scripture Booklets isolate texts particularly appropriate for young children and presents them with one verse per page so that attention can be given to each idea in the text. The English texts were chosen and edited by Sofia Cavalletti. Simply illustrated with only one drawing in each booklet so the child's reflection will be encouraged but not limited by the artwork.
The color of the covers follows the coding of Sofia’s own hardbound set.
In addition to selling thousands of sets of Scripture Booklets over the past 30 years, we have also made booklets available to inexpensively replace lost or damaged booklets.
Sold in two sets: Set 1 for children ages 3 and up, and Set 2 for children ages 6 and up.
Set 1 Contains:
- The Good Shepherd
- The Found Sheep
- The Mustard Seed
- The Grain
- The Pearl of Great Price
- The Leaven
- The Hidden Treasure
- The Annunciation
- The Visitation
- The Nativity
- The Adoration of the Magi
- The Presentation in the Temple
- The Last Supper
- The Resurrection
"I received the new Little scripture booklets today. Just wanted you to know that they are lovely."
--Lynn Robinson, catechist
"These are really nice scripture booklets!"
--A six-year-old boy, upon using them for the first time.