Scripture Booklets (Set Two)
The second edition of Scripture Booklets: Set Two
After 30 years, and feedback from the catechists who use these beloved texts, we have updated our scripture booklets to better suit the needs of the children of the atrium. In these new Scripture Booklets we've included:
- all new calligraphy and illustrations by Joan Bennett, the artist of the Scripture Booklets: Set One
- a cover that is more resistant to the effects of children's hands
- updated edits based on changes by CGS, inclusive language, and ease of reading
- a Spanish translation on the last page, prepared by Jodi-beth McCain.
- a smaller size (5.5" x 6.5") to fit on the shelf and in the children's hands more comfortably
- a simple drawing on each cover so the children can easily identify the text within
Scripture Booklets isolate texts particularly appropriate for children and presents them with one verse per page so that attention can be given to each idea in the text. The texts were chosen by Sofia Cavalletti. Simply illustrated with only one drawing in each booklet so the child's reflection will be encouraged but not limited by the artwork.
The color of the covers follows the coding of Sofia’s own hardbound set.
Limited numbers of Replacement Booklets for the Second Edition of Scripture Booklets: Set Two are available now.
In addition to selling thousands of sets of Scripture Booklets over the past 30 years, we have also made booklets available to inexpensively replace lost or damaged booklets. Sold in two sets: Set 1 for children ages 3 and up, and Set 2 for children ages 6 and up.
Set Two Contains:
- The True Vine
- The Good Shepherd with the Wolf and Hireling
- The Found Coin
- The Prodigal Son
- The Good Samaritan
- The Insistent Friend
- The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
- The Ten Bridesmaids
- The Sower
- The Healing of the Centurion's Servant
- The Flight into Egypt
- The Messianic Entry into Jerusalem
- Jesus Arrested
- Jesus before Caiaphus
- Jesus before Pilate and Herod
- Jesus before Pilate
- The Crucifixion
- The Ascension
Level Three Parables:
- The Laborers in the Vineyard
- The Unforgiving Servant
- The Parable of the Talents
- The Wedding Banquet
"I received the new Little scripture booklets today. Just wanted you to know that they are lovely."
--Lynn Robinson, catechist
"These are really nice scripture booklets!"
--A six-year-old boy, upon using them for the first time.